A new season is starting at Jesus Revolution’s base in Oslo. Tomorrow our new missionaries are coming from all over Europe. Three of my heroes, Vidar, Kristine and Guro will lead the mission training school.
An interesting question is raised up every year when I see that there are many more young women than boys coming. This is reflected in every other mission’s organization that I know.
Here are some of my questions on the subject (*updated from the comments):
Girls are more sensitive to God’s calling?
- The evangelism methods used by our organizations tend to be artistic in a way that appeals more to young women than young men?
- This is simply a reflection of a more general trend in the church today where women are much more involved than men?
- Young men love Mama’s cooking too much?
- A lack of masculine examples?
- Queen Victoria’s influence over the church of England and methodism in the 19th century.(*updated from Joshua’s comment)
- The increasing depreciation of men in society which has come into the church (*updated from Magnus’ comment)