Who do you admire the most? We admire people to different degrees and for different reasons. The person that I admire the most is someone who embodies that “for me to live is Christ.” Here are some of the reasons I admire this person so much:
- She abandoned a prospective “career” in her youth to move to France as a missionary with YWAM.
- She was part of planting a church in a town of 5500 inhabitants, in a spiritual desert in France.
- She has raised up six children, all of which have turned out pretty awesome (hehe), and are following Jesus.
- She makes everyone she meets feel valued and loved.
- She is incredibly generous with her money.
- She handled the death of her husband in a heroic way, keeping he eyes on heaven through the pain (even dancing at the memorial service, at the thought of one day being in heaven herself).
- She is constantly seeking God, and his kingdom first, she is a woman of the Word and a woman of prayer.
- She is now considering going back to Mozambique as a missionary for some time, at over 60.
You’ve guessed it, that person is my own mother, Wendy Hockley 🙂 Love you Mum!